Imagine by Dorthe Hansen

11:00


Hello again friends, a new Monday, a new blog post from me, to you.









I have been playing with the gorgeous Metallic paint, and Sparklers Spray, and I wish you could see it in real life. Not much sun either, to catch the brilliant shine, from the two products when photographing!!

But this is what I did. Starting with a piece of cardboard, I tore to have the uneven edges, all around.

I painted it with the Metallic Paint Bronze and left it to dry. While waiting, I found another piece of paper in my stash with old Italian script (any paper of your choice can be used). This was also torn, even more uneven and the edge was gone over with Distress Ink, Vintage Photo.

After I stenciled a row, using 3 of the pattern from the Dinky Stencil Decorative Background, I added straight away some Copper embossing powder and heated it with a heat gun. I hope you can see the extra layer of little bubbles it created.







In the meantime my painted bronze Metallic had dried and I now made a border all around the edges, using the Dinky Stencil Decorative Border, with the Vintage Photo.

I adhered the Italian paper onto the top of it and using the script from Motivational Words Stamp Set 1, I stamped with Vintage Photo on the left side border, to create a little movement.

The next step was tearing a piece of corrugated card board to fit inside the Italian paper piece. It was painted with a little gesso and when dry stenciled with one of my favourites, Hole in the Wall Repeat, with modelling paste. It was left to totally dry and then sprayed with Walnut Ink, to get into all holes and crannies. On top of that, a good many sprays of the beautiful Sparklers Spray Pale Gold - I hope you can see it?






I adhered it to the card with hot glue and sprayed again with the Sparklers spray all over the card. After that I added a lovely MDF heart, left in its brown natural look.

I love creating roses and a used baby wipe on my table was inviting  me to try using it! I cut two pieces on the long length and in turning it around on itself, I made the rose (lots of tutorials on YouTube if you want to try). Together with a piece of brown nylon and some threads it was placed on top of the heart, using the glue gun.







Again using a piece of the Italian Paper, I stenciled the word Imagine from the Word Series stencil again using Vintage Photo and then adhered it to the card. A row of Decorative Background was stenciled on top of it and that finished my creation. 







Materials used:


That’s Crafty! Metallic Paint: Bronze
Walnut Ink
Baby Wipe
Threads, Nylon Fabric
Corrugated Cardboard, Italian Papers, Cardboard 


Dorthe

You Might Also Like

31 comments

  1. You have managed to capture the shimmer and sparkle perfectly Dorthe and yes I can see those delightful bubbles from the embossing. This has a rather shabby chic look with your handmade flower framed sweetly on that heart.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracey , I did take lots of photos to capture it, LOL- and yes I`m loving shabby chic :-)
    Hugs, Dorthe , XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, vintage shabby piece! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Melina , xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Dorthe. I can see all the fab shimmer, it looks amazing. The textures are lovely too. Such a lovely piece.
    Much love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Bev, I was lucky with the sun and the shimmer, that day :-) . Much love,
      Dorthe xxx

      Delete
  6. An amazing creation Dorthe with wonderful texture and detail. Your brick wall looks so realistic too, so clever.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that stencil Fliss, thank you dear , for your kind words . xx

      Delete
  7. great art Dorthe, love the shabby chic like

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shimmering neutrals, a fabulous make Dorthe
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thank you so very much -
      Love, x
      Dorthe

      Delete
  9. Another beautiful little portal looking back into a vintage heaven Dorthe, wonderful
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Donna, :-) thank you , love your poetic words .
      Hugs,-Dorthe, xx

      Delete
  10. Such a beautiful vintage piece Dorthe, gorgeous muted colours and beautifully layered, it looks truly wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Astrid, your words means a lot to me. xx

      Delete
  11. Beautiful vintage layers and colours Dorthe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love to see your work Dorthe~ This is beautiful and all the textures and stencil set it off so nicely. I'm favoring the heart and flower : ) <3 Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Karen, thank you so much , for also visiting me here, so kind of you, and thank you for your kind words. Hugs, Dorthe

      Delete
  13. How beautiful this is. I do love to see your projects on the That's Crafty blog. I'm always eager to see where your imagination will lead you with the beautiful products on sale. I love the rustic heart shape and the warm, vintage colour choices. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, you are so sweet, and I treasure your comments also here. Happy you like it . Xxx

      Delete
  14. Beautifully created Dorthe Dear. Hard to do yet you have captured the Golden Glittering quite well in your photos. Timeless pieces collaged together only in your lovely style Sweet Dorthe. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a lovely friend Sherry, thank you so much , dear. <3 and warm hug !! Dorthe

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Jackie , thank`s a lot - so kind of you to visit !!! xx

      Delete
  16. Love all your layering and metallic effects! The brickwork looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki, thank you so much , for your kind words xx

      Delete
  17. Dear Dorthe, your art here is wonderful. Wow, I love that back ground that looks like bricks! The shimmer is lovely too, especially the stenciled "imagine". The stamped background pattern lends a classical look and feel to your piece. Your imagination is beautiful! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - I love your weathered brick wall and all the layered stencilling adds wonderful depth. I can imagine the sunshine shimmer very well - this feels like a golden summer day.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do love the brickwork and the metallic shimmer really appeals to me too...lovely layers Dorthe

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Like us on Facebook